- Accomplished project leader, writer, and filmmaker.
- Expert computer programmer (C++, Java, assembly; Windows,
Mac, Unix, PlayStation).
- Experienced with server- and client-side web design,
scripting languages, and protocols.
- Adept at low-level systems design (graphics, sound, OS),
compiler and language design, networking, compression, encryption,
image processing, video editing, interface design, and direction of
computer and human resources.
Columbia University, BA in
Literature-Writing, May 2001
Laude, Departmental Honors, Phi Beta Kappa, GPA 3.9+
Additional studies in film, philosophy, history, economics, psychology,
music, and art.
University of California at
logic and computer graphics.
Lead Programmer / Technical
Designer : Blue Planet Software (1997-98)
- Designed and implemented 3D role-playing game Secret of the
Black Onyx (WinNT).
- Built MFC code base around real-time voxel rendering system
(Caviar) and real-time inverse kinematics motion-capture system
- Wrote custom 3D animation plug-ins for Kinetix’s 3D Studio
Max and designed low-level graphics and sound code to take full
advantage of DirectX.
Programmer / Technical Designer : Smoking Car Productions
- Co-founded company with Jordan Mechner (Karateka, Prince of
Persia) to develop award-winning $6-million adventure game The Last
- Led six member programming team and worked closely with
art, rendering, and asset wrangling departments to design necessary
tools and specifications.
- Designed and coded game’s multi-threaded, cross-platform
operating system for Win95, DOS, PowerMac, and PlayStation.
- Developed patented image processing system to stream,
rotoscope, and animate game’s 40,000 filmed images.
- Designed and wrote complex character logic language,
compiler, and run-time debugger, as well as game’s 22,000 lines of
character AI code.
- Designed and implemented low-level graphics and sound
systems, including highly optimized compression, mixing, streaming, and
screen drawing routines.
- Directed technical aspects of 22 day blue-screen film
shoot, including set-design and scheduling for 50 actors and 800 scenes.
Programmer / Partner : Trogus Adventures (1992-93)
- At age 17, founded partnership to develop Trogus, an
Ultima-style role-playing game.
- Designed and wrote game’s 40+ FPS multi-layered tile system
and map editor, as well as multi-threaded operating system and XMS
- Raised $10,000 in bond issue; hired and managed
programmers, musicians, and artists.
Coauthor, U.S. Patent, Digital
Cartooning and Animation Process (US06061462).